15ft USB 3.0 cable won't read as USB 3.0?

Dizzy714

So I have a Black Magic Intensity Pro Shuttle capture card that runs through USB 3.0, so obviously it comes with a small 4ft USB 3.0 cable. This isn't long enough for my use so I bought a 15ft. A to B USB 3.0 cable and the device won't read as a SuperSpeed connection with it, so I'm confused. Anybody have any ideas? Maybe a 10ft. USB 3.0 extension would work better? Or is there powered USB 3.0 cable? Thanks for any help.

Troncoso

VIP Member
So I have a Black Magic Intensity Pro Shuttle capture card that runs through USB 3.0, so obviously it comes with a small 4ft USB 3.0 cable. This isn't long enough for my use so I bought a 15ft. A to B USB 3.0 cable and the device won't read as a SuperSpeed connection with it, so I'm confused. Anybody have any ideas? Maybe a 10ft. USB 3.0 extension would work better? Or is there powered USB 3.0 cable? Thanks for any help.

From my experience, you're lucky to get any cable longer than 6 ft. to work properly. That's about the maximum length a USB cable can be before performance drops.