17" Crt monitor price please

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey all,

i have a spare 17" Hp V72 crt monitor im thinking of selling but i cant think of a reasonable price.

i know its not going to be much but i was thinking of around £35-40
do you think thats too much?Its in excellent condition and the display is realy good to say its a crt.

This is it and its in good condition
HPIM0160.jpg

btw,im not selling on cf i just wanted to get a price please.

tks ;)

Geoff

VIP Member
Honestly CRT's aren't even worth the cost of shipping. I don't know how much that is in USD, but I wouldn't expect over $30 for a used CRT (even less with shipping).

Kornowski

VIP Member
To be honest Shane, I'd say that it was worth about £10, £15 at the most, it may be in good nick, but people aren't after CRT's any more :)

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
well i seen second hand "17 crts selling in Cash converters and they are £25 and in nowhere as near as good condition as this.
and they do sell very fast.

yes maybe more people are buying lcds now but people do still buy crts because they dont to splash out £100 on a lcd.

but i appreciate your replys,i might just ask for £30...then they could nock me down on the price but i wouldnt let it go for less than £25 as its too good compared to those at cash converters.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well I'm thinking about getting a new CRT...

see guys people do still buy them ;)

Keep it in your basement/storage shed for lan parties or just incase you ever need another monitor

well i currently have it in my wardrobe lol but as i need the space for my clothes it must go,the garage has the car in so no space there :cool:

wish i had the room on my desk to do dual monitors lol

PohTayToez

I can pick up 17" to 19" CRTs in good condition for $5-$10 USD all day long around here. There is just way too many people looking to get rid of them and not hardly anyone wanting them.

Geoff

VIP Member
I could also go to the local transfer (recycling) station and probably get several decent CRT's for free, and I live in a really small town.

DirtyD86

banned
theres a huge warehouse near my house that always throws out CRTs by the dozen, i dont think there is much of a market for them anymore