1700 VS 2700X?

Jiniix

1.45v?

Holy heat Batman! Mines locked at 3.9GHz 1.3625 IIRC. Was stable at 4.0GHz at 1.375...? 1.45v seems stupid high.
Absolutely wasn't worth it yeah. Maybe I'm out of touch and was missing a setting, but I looked at many Ryzen specific guides and god damn tried everything.

I have actually seen Dmitrys video, and right now he's happily proclaiming on Twitter that QuickSync (Intel) works wonders with Adobe programs, pretty much halfing his render times.

onipar

Absolutely wasn't worth it yeah. Maybe I'm out of touch and was missing a setting, but I looked at many Ryzen specific guides and god damn tried everything.

I have actually seen Dmitrys video, and right now he's happily proclaiming on Twitter that QuickSync (Intel) works wonders with Adobe programs, pretty much halfing his render times.

Eesh! Yeah, I just sought out the tweet you are referring to. I don't really know much about Quick Sync, but since I'm running Intel at the moment, I'm going to attempt to turn on the feature to see if I can use it in the meantime. I'm reading that quality drops a tad with quicksync, but most people say for YouTube it's not noticeable. I'm going to need to look deeper into this now and see how the Ryzen 2700X would stack up, because if it's going to encode half as fast as an Intel chip running quicksync...oy!

Jiniix

That was the original issue with QuickSync, that the quality was horrible. But that's like 5 years ago for me, and haven't kept up with it. If I recall correctly the bad quality in QS was more for live video (or something), where I imagine it's not going to be a drop in quality for solid rendering. At least I couldn't imagine that being acceptable, but I haven't tried it myself.

Just made a video about it it seems :) Haven't watched it, can't for about 8 hrs

Last edited:

onipar

Oh nice! I'll watch that now. Yeah, I have a 6-year old computer (my last build) running the intel i-3 3225 with integrated graphics. I think I have apparently *been* running quicksync, as far as I can tell, based on the strange convoluted video I watched explaining how to turn it on. I guess for an old computer, the export time from adobe *is* fairly quick. I exported a 5 minute 1080p video with no real effects or anything in something like 3-4 minutes.