1800$ to a computer?

I'm putting it together, yeah. It's harder to find parts in the UK though.

I don't suppose you have a way to get parts from the US d you?
 
Last edited:
Alrighty then

I haven't found a company that will ship to Denmark yet, but I can show you a good idea of some of the definite parts...I'll edit them into this post in a minute. I'm just using Ebuyer right now to get a general idea of everything.

They will change a bit depending on the supplier...every store has a different inventory, and different prices.


edit- this is the general idea for the CPU and video card, but I've just found a distributor in Denmark...google is translating it right now. I'll compare the prices and stock...if it has what's needed it may be better to get stuff there. edit: Just to be sure, can you buy stuff from here?:
http://www.mmd.dk/index.asp

CPU- Core i7 920
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/151477

CPU Cooler- Prolimatech Megahalems
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HS-005-PL&tool=3

Thermal Compound- Arctic Silver 5
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/126410

GPU- Radeon HD 5870
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/174672


What's strange is I can actually navigate around that danish site fairly well, since the language shares its roots with english. I's kind of odd.
 
Last edited:
Maybe you have to be logged in...

I'm not sure I can navigate my way through the sign-up page but I'll try, lol

edit: found another site, maybe

Ever heard of Komplett.dk ? I've seen the name before somewhere...



edit2: It's good

So you have 10,000 kr for the tower, and 2000 kr for the rest?

It's going to take me some time to get all to the parts from there, since I'm using two tabs... (one translated, one not)
 
Last edited:
the site where you could see the price. i cant be a member of the site, there isnt a place to registre. and yes i heard abuot komplett.dk.
 
Last edited:
thanks for your help. but i dont think i can assemble the computer. so if you can find a computer whos better than this http://www.topdata.dk/product.asp?product=6736
It's really not hard to assemble one. The hardest part is putting on the heat sink, and once you see how to do it it's simple. However:

Holy poo, that's a good computer you found. That's essentially what I would have come up with. The only differences are:

-That uses two 5850 graphics cards, rather than one 5870. More expensive, but more powerful.

-It doesn't have an aftermarket cooler, which is fine if you're not overclocking

-That doesn't have PSU brand I recognize. This could be a bad thing if it's a crappy off-brand, but as long as you're under warranty it's ok.

If you get it, I'd take either the Antec 900 case, or the Cooler Master HAF.

I'll post a build anyway to see if I can get it cheaper, ok? And you still need a mouse, keyboard, OS, and monitor, right?
 
Hopefully it will be :)

In the meantime:
[yt]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U_EysKuQ5wk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U_EysKuQ5wk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

This looks hard, but remember that each connector only goes in one type of slot. That makes a big difference, lol.

edit: I was looking at the computer you posted, and it lists an individual warranty for a couple of parts. That means they aren't selling this as an OEM machine, so if that PSU fails you could be out a lot of money.
 
Last edited:
CPU- 2050 kr
Intel Core i7 920
http://www.komplett.dk/k/ki.aspx?sku=391447

CPU Cooler- 295 kr
Cooler Hyper N520
http://www.komplett.dk/k/ki.aspx?sku=488298

Thermal Paste- 78 kr
Noctua NT-H1 (they don't have AS5)
http://www.komplett.dk/k/ki.aspx?sku=460665

Motherboard- 1,350 kr
Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
http://www.komplett.dk/k/ki.aspx?sku=428330

RAM- 1350 kr
Corsair XMS3 6GB
http://www.komplett.dk/k/ki.aspx?sku=577959

GPU- 2,795 kr
XFX Radeon HD 5870
http://www.komplett.dk/k/ki.aspx?sku=518749

PSU- 1,025 kr
Corsair TX 950W PSU
http://www.komplett.dk/k/ki.aspx?sku=494639

HDD- 350 kr
Samsung Spinpoint F3
http://www.komplett.dk/k/ki.aspx?sku=491821

Case- 539 kr
NZXT Lexa S
http://www.komplett.dk/k/ki.aspx?sku=495633

DVD Burner- 175kr
Lite-On 24x with Lightscribe
http://www.komplett.dk/k/ki.aspx?sku=494479

Total- 10007 kr

Advantages:

-Better case
-Better Power supply (this is the most critical part of the system)
-Better cooling
-Better RAM


It also has a single 5870 GPU instead of two 5850's in SLI. While Two 5950's is more powerful, it's also much more expensive and at the moment is unnecessary since both cards will max any current game. Going with the single 5870 is more cost effective because you can still throw another one in there when the cost of them comes down.


done!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top