1866MHz only running at 800MHz

spirit

Staff member
May need to enable XMP profile in the BIOS or manually set the RAM frequency in the BIOS.

beers

Staff member
Set XMP in BIOS.

Also, most utilities will show actual clock rate instead of effective clock rate, so you'd be looking for ~933 MHz.

StrangleHold

Staff member
This^^^. but like said you probably might have to set it manually in the bios. My guess is its defaulted to a lower JEDEC standard. Instead of 800, my guess is its running at 1600. Some bios list them is the real speed, not in DDR. If so it should be set to 933.

waffles

Thanks for all the reply!
2vipoa0.jpg

2mgqo7l.jpg

axxj04.jpg

6s77rd.jpg

So i think its running at 1600Mhz but i didnt see a way of changing it.
Thanks

spirit

Staff member
Enable XMP (top option in bottom photo). 'Extreme Memory Profile'.

Then see if you can set the Memory Frequency to 1866MHz, or it might change itself.

StrangleHold

Staff member
You can try as said above or, set System Memory Multiplier to manual. Then set the Frequency to 1866.

waffles

Well I still cant figure it out lol. I suck.

When I click on the "disable" XMP (to change it) two profiles pop up profile 1 and 2. they dont seem to be any different. I tried both profiles and clicked auto which set it at 1866 but it seems to not save it or something? When I go back on my computer says it running at 900 MHz so now im 100 closer to my goal. The memory freq. button is grayed out so i cant manually adjust it from what I can tell.
This is probably not too clear but can anyone help?
Thanks

spirit

Staff member
Well 900x2=1800 so that's close enough I guess. If it's working fine and you're not noticing any performance loss (which I doubt you would by running some 66MHz slower than what the RAM is rated for) then I'd leave it.