187 Viruses?

Elidicious

ok. i scanned the whole computer (as i do every single day). it takes about 40 minutes.
yesterday was everything OK!.today it found 187 viruses. (Maccafee)
i know they are trojans, but whare the hell they come from??
their name is A0020406.exe , they're found it system volume information, they're dected as Swizzorhv, trojans.
and when it says deleted, are they deleted for real or are stored in any partition. ?
here's a screen shot.
untitled-1.jpg

Bodaggit23

It means they're deleted. Says they couldn't be cleaned, so they got deleted.

Did you run the scan again?

Elidicious

yes. i'm running it again. there are 5 minutes left, and no detection.
but ... i wanna know what kind of viruses they are , where they come from, why .... ...

adarsh

Hi, just switch off your system restore (you can find it here, Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore), and click OK.

Switch on your system restore again.

What you are actually doing by turning it off and then turning it back on is flushing the infected system restore points. You are not infected, it's just that the system restore points are.

P.S They are from the Qoologic/SurfSideKick worms...

Elidicious

ok. i tried this system restore, but i didn't find any box where to say ok in the first place. there were 2 options : restore system at an earlier time or create a restore point.
i actually don't wanna put my computer at an earlier time.

look what i found though:
http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_136491.htm

it's the explanation of this kind of threat.

TFT

VIP Member
Look to the left of where those options are and under the block of text it will say "System Restore Settings", click on that and turn off "System Restore on all drives", this will delete all restore points. Then turn it back on.

Note - this will flush all infected restore points but also means you cannot now restore to an earlier time.

TFT

VIP Member
No not at all. The reason it got into System Restore is because Windows did a "System Checkpoint" automatically or you made a restore point while you were infected.
As long as a scan shows you are clear then leave System Restore alone.

Macky

The effects a virus can have on your computer depends on how its been programmed to spread. Programming can be one of two types: resident and nonresident. Nonresident viruses are made up of two processes -one finds files on your computer to infect, and the other duplicates the virus within the files that have been found.