18MB Broadband

Hellbreather

Turns out that NTL and BT are testing a new type of Broadband called
ASDL2 which can deliver download speeds of upto 18MBPS. However the speed of the connection drops off sharply the further away the exchange is from the customer is.
Of course I'm sure this will be fixed quite soon

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
they best bring this out soon, the current prices are ridiculous, i dont know why i stick with ntl. they ripped me off, lied, and now i cant even upgrade my speed online because of an error ith the MAC address.

Hellbreather

No Idea when it's coming out but when it does they aren't making plans to upgrade customers. Also the problem with this is only people within like a few kilometres of the exchange server will be able to experiance 100% fast speeds.
People within about 1000km will reiceve 90% and 5000km will recieve like 80% of the connection speed. But they hope to sort this out before the speed is released.

Also for all you BT users out there before the NTL released any faster speeds, they will release an 8MB broadband with at least a 2MB upload!!!!

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
i live very close to a ntl exchange so i should be alright. ill be happy with the 3Mb connection without caps, but being NTL they put caps on it, although not suppose to be enforcing them for a few months

Hellbreather

BT has been very good to me, I used Wanadoo and ther service stank so I switched to BT

Wanadoo left me for a month without any internet connection and said that the connection was okay and charged me for 12 months contract :mad:

I'll be happy when the 8MB service comes out :D even more so if the 12MB service comes out :D

tomb08uk

Well any one with BT , they are upgrading previous customers upto 2MB for no charge. Should get a email saying about it when u recieve ur upgrade.

loeakaodas

Hellbreather said:
People within about 1000km will reiceve 90% and 5000km will recieve like 80% of the connection speed. But they hope to sort this out before the speed is released
Do you realize that 5000km is 3107 miles, or did you mean meters.

Hellbreather

No I think I meant 500km lol sorry made a prat of myself there.
And where are you to recieve 5MB? UK? if so what providier

narafa

Hey, you are all talking about 18 Mbps broadband connection?

One of my friends visited Japan, they are offering 45 Mega Bits per second broad band connection for residential areas :eek: and it's not expensive, I think he said it's around $40 per month or so. Any japanese here can confirm this??

The maximum speed here in Egypt for Broad Band connections is only 2 Mbps :mad:

I read a week ago that a new technology is under testing in which internet connection will be available through Power Cable lines. They are trying to utilize the already installed power cables to pump broadband internet to everyone to save billions of infrastructure upgrades.

And finally, you are talking about an 18 Mbps broadband connection :(

I am leaving to Japan :D