19" LCD w/2 7900gt's

haynea4f

I am building a new computer. I have a 19" LCD that I have had for over a year now. It is a sceptre 19" LCD (would tell the model but I am in Iraq).

I am getting a new pc with 2 7900gt's in it running on SLI. what would be the optimum mode running on that monitor? 1280 x 1024? It may sound like a dumb question to some of you, but I am fairly new as to compatibility issues with computer hardware. :cool:

TheChef

For a 19" LCD, usually the native resolution is 1280x1024. There's no compatibility issues concerning that.

bigsaucybob

While we are here, i would have to tell you that instead of 2 7900gt's your better off with 1 7900gtx. It will play anything and you can upgrade down the road.

haynea4f

Thanks for the advice, I was actually thinking about that!! By upgrade do you mean get another 7900 GTX later on and I should keep the SLI motherboard..............or should I go cheaper and get a single card motherboard?

I dont mean to get off of the subject either but since you mentioned it

bigsaucybob

haynea4f said:
Thanks for the advice, I was actually thinking about that!! By upgrade do you mean get another 7900 GTX later on and I should keep the SLI motherboard..............or should I go cheaper and get a single card motherboard?

I dont mean to get off of the subject either but since you mentioned it

I mean keep the SLI motherboard and get one 7900GTX, that will allow you to play any game on max settings for a long time. Then when it starts to get outdated, you can either get another or sell it and buy the newest card out at the time.