190.62 drivers

mimic58

190.62 drivers sucking (caption) buttucks...

Your thoughts?

Has anyone else lost the over clocking ability and dropped fps with these drivers???

Computer_Freak

i have had lots of problems with my GTX295 and my 195.62 drivers...

many people actually have. I googled it. People have been artifacting because of them, crashing, BSOD's etc.

other than that,i havent had any problems...

Candy

Yeah do you mean the 195.62 drivers? I also lost the ability to overclock with the 195.62 drivers, in EVGA Precision, within a few days EVGA released an updated version that now works but nVidia have recognised its a fault in their drivers and are doing something to fix it (or may have already fixed it I haven't checked yet).

mimic58

Yeah do you mean the 195.62 drivers? I also lost the ability to overclock with the 195.62 drivers, in EVGA Precision, within a few days EVGA released an updated version that now works but nVidia have recognised its a fault in their drivers and are doing something to fix it (or may have already fixed it I haven't checked yet).

yes sorry bad typo, the 195.62 released about the 10th of the 1st this year...

So its not just me then its anoying because my old driver runs alot faster but will not support sli in Grid or run need for speed shift so i have to run the later one thats slower

CardboardSword

You know, for all the people you hear whining about ATI having terrible driver support, I've found an awful lot of instances like these with nVidia cards getting incredibly buggy new releases. Not trying to knock anything here, I'd kill for a 295GTX, and I've seen plenty of people with ATI driver bugs, but it seems (to me) to be a far cry from clean cut nVidia drivers=good, ATI drivers=bad as some would have you believe.

Candy

I think part of the reason some people argue nVidia drivers are better is because they make an effort to fix issues straight away. I was following a thread one of the guys who programs EVGA Precision had started about the new bug, he found the problem within a day and notified nVidia then they got back to him and they left a comment on their forums to say they were aware of the bug and were working on it, the guy who found the bug said that often when he notifies ATi about bugs they don't make an effort to fix it for a long time and often carry the problems through into the next driver update.

Now that's just one persons experience so it could be inaccurate.
To be honest when I had my old HD3850 I didn't have any problems with drivers.

Computer_Freak

i never had issues with my X1650 either....

TBH, ATi has given me a less troublesome experience than nVidia...

then again, my X1650 was nowhere near the card my GTX295 is...

mimic58

You know, for all the people you hear whining about ATI having terrible driver support, I've found an awful lot of instances like these with nVidia cards getting incredibly buggy new releases. Not trying to knock anything here, I'd kill for a 295GTX, and I've seen plenty of people with ATI driver bugs, but it seems (to me) to be a far cry from clean cut nVidia drivers=good, ATI drivers=bad as some would have you believe.

As it goes i am Less than chuffed with Nvidia at the moment , I went down the SLI Nvidia route because it had been arround alot longer than crossair and it was much more widley supported...

However I have had several issues with sli support in games including this latest one Given the price of these two cards, I could of got a 5870 and im starting to wonder if maybe iv made a mistake putting my faith in Nvidia

mimic58

Version: 196.21 WHQL
Release Date: 2010.01.19
Operating System: Windows 7, Windows Vista
Language: English (UK)
File Size: 121 MB

Seems i made the right choice after all its only taken a few days for them to resolve it

New in Version 196.34

* Fixed a bug with v196.21 that prohibited GPU overclocking.

Download link: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

Last edited:

Computer_Freak

sweet. hopefully they have fixed all the bugs

and about SLI, not all games do support it.

Thats why i will still wait a bit, and then only SLI.

for now, top of the range single slot GPU's (even if its Dual GPU) will do it for me. I have had my GTX295 for a year now, and i still have to find a game that challenges my computer...

Even crysis, on absolute max settings, i get about 40FPS average...

Flaring Afro

I have both ati and nvidia and the ati is more buggy. Even the catalyst menu often freezes (all other processes aren't). It still isn't a big deal though, I'd definitely still buy whichever is best performance in my price range.

Also, for my nvidia card in sig, there is a free fairly universal driver for nvidias some well known programmer made that makes the card run faster, I forget the name of it and never actually installed it though. But it probably allows overclocking.

mimic58

sweet. hopefully they have fixed all the bugs

and about SLI, not all games do support it.

Thats why i will still wait a bit, and then only SLI.

for now, top of the range single slot GPU's (even if its Dual GPU) will do it for me. I have had my GTX295 for a year now, and i still have to find a game that challenges my computer...

Even crysis, on absolute max settings, i get about 40FPS average...

Damit STILL BUGSS wont run need for speed shift, But the speed seems to be back on everything else..

Try alone in the dark 5 That looks like a challange for any pc