1900x1200

hermeslyre

VIP Member
don't plan on gaming at that resolution for newer games with that video ram.

Actually it's plausible. The 320Mb and 640Mb show virtually no difference when gaming at that resolution, 1900 x 1200, At this point they are virtually the same cards. If OP wants to be absolutely assured in his ability to play all the newer gamer maxed he needs to pick up a GTX, but considered few of us have that kind of money to spend I think the 320Mb would be a fine choice, here and then.

chupacabra

The amount of ram on that video card is too low for playing games at that resolution and getting great fps (frames per second) but it could handle around 16XX fine

junwang0808

actually the 8800gts 320mb is slower than 8800gts 640mb at memory hungry games. that mean massive unit game. if you like strategy games like supreme commander. then you will probably want to get the 640MB. however at your resolution i would suggest 8800GTX. it would run fine and good at gaming

chupacabra

They are about the same, i'd rather stick with nvidia since atm they have better performance off their card while ati is stuck developing new drivers which rarely increases the potential to what they want.

If it's for normal display then the 8800gts 320mb is fine, for games i would recommend getting a 640mb or a gtx/ultra