1920 x 1200 resolution and SLI/Crossfire

Scubie67

Do you need to run Sli or Crossfire Video cards to get get decent FPS on games like Crysis or Aoc? Can you do it with just 1 good card on the large high resolution monitors?

Geoff

VIP Member
I'm not sure about Crysis, but most games will run at 1920x1200 on a high end single card, such as the 9800GTX, 3870X2, 9800GX2, etc. Have a look at some Crysis or video card benchmarks, they usually include 1920x1200 as one of the tests.

Scubie67

Thx ...I Will check Tom's Site to see if they have any charts on this.Seems like I did see something on this sometime or another. I may go from my 22'' Viewsonic up to one of the 28 " monitors not sure though yet.Does anyone here have one the large montors here that may comment on their results.

Geoff

VIP Member
I've been looking at some larger monitors as well. Pretty much all the 24" - 28" LCD's use a 1920x1200 resolution. The one on Newegg that is selling for $549 right now was actually on sale a few weeks ago for $499 and free shipping, if thats the one you were looking at I would wait for that sale to come back.

Scubie67

[-0MEGA-];989310 said:
I've been looking at some larger monitors as well. Pretty much all the 24" - 28" LCD's use a 1920x1200 resolution. The one on Newegg that is selling for $549 right now was actually on sale a few weeks ago for $499 and free shipping, if thats the one you were looking at I would wait for that sale to come back.

Yeah I was looking at the 28" hanns g or the viewsonic one, they both have good price points for their size I think.

Geoff

VIP Member
Yeah I was looking at the 28" hanns g or the viewsonic one, they both have good price points for their size I think.
I've been looking at the Hanns G, and at $500 shipped it looked very enticing, the only thing really keeping me from it are all the reviews who said the colors are off, and they need to be calibrated.