Hi
I have a HP DesignJet 650c plotter from 1994, which has been discontinued, that my employer wants me to make operational.
It has an RS232-C/ccitt v.24 port and a parallel port.
I'm using a an Acer Aspire running Vista, and contains only USB ports.
Another fellow tried a USB to serial converter, to send data to the plotter, but to no avail.
The computer could not communicate with the plotter.
I've read that some say the drivers for this Designjet won't work with Vista, while others say it will.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to get these devices talking??
Thanks.
I have a HP DesignJet 650c plotter from 1994, which has been discontinued, that my employer wants me to make operational.
It has an RS232-C/ccitt v.24 port and a parallel port.
I'm using a an Acer Aspire running Vista, and contains only USB ports.
Another fellow tried a USB to serial converter, to send data to the plotter, but to no avail.
The computer could not communicate with the plotter.
I've read that some say the drivers for this Designjet won't work with Vista, while others say it will.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to get these devices talking??
Thanks.