1GB 4850 Gigabyte

Jamsandwich

Hey should i get a 1GB 4850 Gigabyte graphics card instead of a 512mb 4850 Generic? It's only another $70 and some of the prices i've seen this 1GB card is another $40-60

Should I buy this while it's cheap?

512mb 4850 Generic = $209

1GB 4850 Gigabyte = $279

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
I would put in the extra $70 for the gigabyte card simply because most products branded as "Generic" scare me, whereas Gigabyte is a well-known quality brand... also, the 4xxx is a great player at higher resolutions and that's where the extra memory really pays off, in some 4870 benchmarks the extra 512MB VRAM doubled (or even more than doubled) the performance in certain games.

Dystopia

Don't get the generic GPU. But unless you have like a LCD monitor, like 20", the onboard mem isnt gonna do you much. Like if you have my monitor(17" CRT :p), 256 would be fine. But either way, you do not want a generic ANYTHING.

Jamsandwich

ok sure thanks :)

Well i'm hopfully ordering a new monitor tomorrow ^_^

a 24" 2ms HDMI WS Acer P244WB

normally $999 says the acer australia home page...my supplier selling it for $389 and $340 after cash back!!! XD

So getting this awesome deal before it goes away!

WOOT! *does his happy dance*

Granite

Ahh another MSY customer? Well these Generic ones are GeCube,Palit,MSI,PowerColor and some other i can't remember the top of my head. Oh yea i live in South Australia, im getting the PowerColor version pretty soon 512mb and my other parts so i can start builidng this saturday.