1gb video card??

wolfeking

banned
You're going after the wrong thing. 1GB is not necessary, and will be overpriced for that system.

Assuming you need the power (unlikely due to CPU bottleneck), the HD3870 is the fastest GPU that you can put into that board (due to the AGP port requirement). You will not find one of those in 1GB ever. The 4670 is about equal, and may have a 1GB version, but it is not needed. You will run out of processing power long before you run out of vRAM to use.

jonnyp11

If you are looking for a new gpu to game some, sorry, but that system isnt going to do, processor is to weak and it cant use a graphics card strong enough for anything other than bottoming out games, and it wont touch the latest mainstreme games

wolfeking

banned
hahaha. Funny jonny. The 3870 will do perfectly fine in COD games (will max at 1080p+ resolutions), and likely a lot more. I know my 4870 is not as weak as you make it out to be. Will do medium on BF3 and Metro 2033 and will max out most others still. The 3870 is only about 30% weaker (going on Stream processor count).

Processor, I will give you it is weak, but no weaker than a T7200, and I still game quite effectively using it. Same to a 7900m GTX GPU, it is weaker than the above suggestions, and still quite capable of gaming.

Okedokey

Yeah the AGP 3870 is about the best you can get. ONLY if your PSU can handle it, based on what I know already, I would guess that its a low powered one.

Can you please have a look inside the PC and note the model number for us?

paul1145

AGP video cards are hard to find now because its obsolete and even if you found one i don't know if their is 1GB agp video card and the most important is that your system might not even support that kind of card.