*1st Post ~ Potential New Build

DezertZtorm739

Hey wassup.. lol I'm new to this site but I'm not really new the computer world except for now. Almost a little bit over 2mths ago, I just recently purchased a Compaq Presario S5200NX for 20$. Works like a Charm. Bought it as a Windows XP Home Premium but just updated to Windows 7 Ultimate. It's an 32-bit Intel Celeron 2.6 Ghz. But I recently tried to update to Windows 10 but doesn't support NX I think? Then I tried to upgrade to a 64-bit version so I can try and play NASCAR Heat Evolution but no luck with that either lol. So now my plan was to maybe patch and install Windows 8.1 before school starts again but I just noticed that I still have my old Toshiba satellite L455-S5000 that my father had bought for me years ago. It still works but the screen doesn't work anymore... But it has more storage space and it's also a
Celeron PC. So I wanna see is there anything reusable from this laptop that I can transfer over to the tower before I try patching and installing windows 8.1? I would love to modify the tower. ;)

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Nothing from a laptop can be transferred over to a desktop besides the hard drive for added storage but you would need an adapter to fit it into the drive bay. My advice to you would be if both machines have celeron cpu's, don't even bother and get something better. Celerons will hold you back.

ramirez

Nothing from a laptop can be transferred over to a desktop besides the hard drive for added storage but you would need an adapter to fit it into the drive bay. My advice to you would be if both machines have celeron cpu's, don't even bother and get something better. Celerons will hold you back.

Solid advice.....go with something newer. That hardware is just to old to try to breath life into it.