1st to 4th best video cards on the market

susik89

Yep, that looks right but not for long. Next generation ati cards are coming out September 10th :)

linkin

VIP Member
I can't wait for HD 5000 series... that's going to drop the price of the HD 4000 series which is good for me :)

StrangleHold

Staff member
The 4890 and GTX 275 are pretty much equal. Really in benchmarks the GTX 275 beats it 60% of the time. The 4890 is a better deal because of the price. And (both) can be overclocked.

Fatback

VIP Member
The 4890 and GTX 275 are pretty much equal. Really in benchmarks the GTX 275 beats it 60% of the time. The 4890 is a better deal because of the price. And (both) can be overclocked.

lol I think we have been through this already so I'm not going to go there again. I do know this it seems every benchmark is different so really benchmarks aren't very accurate. I do know I have used both of the cards and I can tell you from personal experience the 4890 is better then the GTX 275 and the GTX 280 is not much better then the 4890. That being said I do agree with you 100% but every benchmark is different I don't even look at them anymore.

StrangleHold

Staff member
I've had both too. Plus (every) benchmark I have seen shows what I said. Stock the GTX 275 beats the 4890 in about 60% of games. Not talking about ATI fanboy benchmarks that only show ones where the 4890 wins. So they are pretty much equal. Shouting out that the 4890 is (better) then the GTX 275 and comes closer to the 280/285 is B/S. Its nothing but a overclocked 4870. But saying that I would buy the 4890 over the 275 but for price alone. But really the 4870 is the beast deal performance/price wise.

Fatback

VIP Member
I've had both too. Plus (every) benchmark I have seen shows what I said. Stock the GTX 275 beats the 4890 in about 60% of games. Not talking about ATI fanboy benchmarks that only show ones where the 4890 wins. So they are pretty much equal. Shouting out that the 4890 is (better) then the GTX 275 and comes closer to the 280/285 is B/S. Its nothing but a overclocked 4870. But saying that I would buy the 4890 over the 275 but for price alone. But really the 4870 is the beast deal performance/price wise.

I think look at GPU benchmarks for games is the worst way to compare them. Some game use Nvidia cards better then ATI and vice versa. Like I said before I don't believe in benchmarks. I'm not a fan of either one I have a 9600GT in my other computer and use Nvidia cards more for costumer builds then I do ATI cards. I would also but a 4870 before a 4890 because you just can't get a better card for the money.

StrangleHold

Staff member
I think look at GPU benchmarks for games is the worst way to compare them. Some game use Nvidia cards better then ATI and vice versa.

Now really think hard about those two sentences.

Nvidia is better at some/ATI are better at others. Really now, in all the years I've built computers that never occurred to me. This is getting in the realm of noobness.

Fatback

VIP Member
Now really think hard about those two sentences.

Nvidia is better at some/ATI are better at others. Really now, in all the years I've built computers that never occurred to me. This is getting in the realm of noobness.

What I mean is that some games will play better using a Nvidia cards and some play better using a ATI cards. I don't mean that they actually preform better but you might get better FPS or less lag. Some games use to be built around certain cards I don't think they still do that though. Your right I am starting to sound a little like a noob lol.