2.1 or 5.1 speaker system for $250 AUD

gubrother

Hi i am looking for a new speaker system as my x-530's aren't really cutting it right now so i am researching and looking if i can find a 2.1 or 5.1 speaker system for around $250 AUD. I am just wondering if some people can help me find some speakers. Preferably to be purchased within Australia

Any help is well appreciated.

I am also looking for a sound card, the budget is around 100-150 for the sound card

Last edited:

daisymtc

I recommend asus over creative.

speaker - I am using Acoustic Energy AEGO M, but I am not sure if you can get that in au

bomberboysk

I'd suggest the asus sound cards, for audio quality in that price range the D1 is a pretty decent card.

As far as speakers, the Klipsch promedia 2.1 setup is pretty decent for the price, actually have tweeters/mids and then a sub, vs. the fullranges most of the cheaper speaker setups would be using. Beyond that really what I'd suggest is a set of home audio speakers (polk 40's for example), and then an amp or home theater receiver, and then adding a subwoofer at a later time. Not totally sure on the pricing for those in AU though.

Even something like these, seem to have decent reviews from those who own them, I've not listened to them though so I can't give much input on them:
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=567_571&products_id=16517

Last edited:

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
What are you looking to do with these speakers? Gaming? Music? Movies? Also are you into bass heavy music or everything else?

I would suggest that you first buy a pair of 2.0 monitors and soundcard. When you have the money, or the desire, you can add an active subwoofer to the system. I can guarantee that it will sound MUCH better than any 2.1 system you can buy out there.

Here's what I'm using: M-Audio AV 40, Polk Audio PSW10 ($230 USD combined).