2 Beep BIOS Error

Supramanz

New Member
Hi im new to the forum but a longtime computer tech.

This error im getting i hope to get help with. I can't figure it out!

Motherboard: Intel DP55WB (i5)
CPU: 2.66 Quad 1333 bus I5
RAM: OCZ DDR31066 dual channel

I'd say this computer boots up properly one out of 3 attempts. As in for every 3 attempts it will crash twice and boot once.

One of two things happen

Either the computer turns on, beeps once, and starts normally with no problems.

Or it beeps 2 long beeps and will not boot at all not even video.

Intel site says its a Parity Error.


could that be the problem? How can it boot completely normally and work perfectly even gaming and sometimes not even turn on and be the RAM is that possible?

I don't know what it is! Any ideas?

Its a brand new build.

PS on one attempt it beeped twice but continued to load into windows with no video!!! How is that possible?
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion. I guess i will let it run overnight i let it do 10 passes which was i think 30 minutes. Probably not enough
 
Wow some pins are crushed down. I don't know how that could happen when I was so careful. Especially since the CPu is flat.
 
bent pins? that's not good. see if you can straighten them out but be very careful with it. use a toothpick to get them straight
 
Now, this really shouldn't happen, but if a pin were to break here's what you could do (this is for AMD sockets and Core 2 sockets):

Take the broken pin and straighten it with pliers
Drop it in the correct hole
Straighten the pin on the CPU
Install CPU and heatsink.
May boot... won't work 100% obviously.

[YT]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EdDccsbv5hA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EdDccsbv5hA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YT]
 
I RMA'd the board and am sending it back... But with bent pins I dunno what they will say. i5s have angled pins which makes it worse. I don't think id be successful bending them back
 
Maybe get your local computer shop to help you with it? the will have the tools for that sort of stuff.
 
Back
Top