2 Cable Headset

SAAER45

I just go a headset for dictation and it has two cables, a mic and a headphone and I don't know where they all go...

This is my soundcard, I see the mic part but not the headphone part and am using the orange, green, and black for my speakers. There is a headphone jack on one of my speakers but it didn't make sense to put one part of the headset in the sound card and one in the speaker. My onboard sound has a mic and headphone jack but I don't know if I can use the soundcard for the speakers and the onboard for the headset. Any Ideas?
Thanks,
John

Rambo

Well, you could purchase a splitter which would split to Line Out (green) into two ports.

But why would your headset not work with one of them in the headphones socket on the speakers, and the mic in the soundcard?

Geoff

VIP Member
If you want to use both, i would have your speakers hooked up to the soundcard, have the MIC from your headset on the soundcard, and have the line-out on the speakers.

Rambo

geoff5093 said:
If you want to use both, i would have your speakers hooked up to the soundcard, have the MIC from your headset on the soundcard, and have the line-out on the speakers.

Well, that's exactly what I said, and I don't understand why he doesn't do that...

Rambo said:
But why would your headset not work with one of them in the headphones socket on the speakers, and the mic in the soundcard?

Geoff

VIP Member
SAAER45 said:
OK thanks, also does anyone know how I can test the Mic
You can use sound recorder. (Start > programs > accessories > entertainment > Sound recorder).

SAAER45

geoff5093 said:
You can use sound recorder. (Start > programs > accessories > entertainment > Sound recorder).

I tryed that and it didn't work. I don't think there is anything wrong with the headset though because the headphone part worked.

Last edited:

SAAER45

Well, i figured out why sound recorder didn't work, it is recordering off the computer (like if I play a music file) and not off of the mic. But I am still looking for a way to test it if you knew any.

Edit: I take that back, other recording programs did that too... Any ideas on what's wrong

Edit II: Now I am sure the headset isn't a problem, it works fine on my laptop.

Last edited: