2 different desktop computers

`PaWz

banned
Hmm..... Might wanna look on ebay or something.

Why not build it FOR him?
He does not want me building it, either. I think he's wrong on this, but he feels there's just too much to deal with on building a computer and getting it to work, and getting all your problems fixed from a single company is much easier if anything goes wrong with it.

Last edited:

paratwa

I think they are both crap. But I understand that you don't want to build one. They both have intergrated video, so do not plan on doing any gaming, at least not any decent games. Video editing would also be very slow.

What does he want to use this system for?

`PaWz

banned
What does he want to use this system for?
I'm not sure exactly, but he says he does a lot of multitasking (he emphasized "a lot") , and asked for a computer with a powerful processor and enough RAM to suffice his needs.

He's not worried about the Videocard, though. He is going to buy a 8800GT for it. Unless that graphics card will not work on either computer for some reason.

Last edited:

paratwa

Both systems are using 667 ram, which is ok, but not the fastest. It would be better if it was using DDR2 800mhz ram.

Is his limit $799? Or can he go a bit higher?

oscaryu1

VIP Member
He does not want me building it, either. I think he's wrong on this, but he feels there's just too much to deal with on building a computer and getting it to work, and getting all your problems fixed from a single company is much easier if anything goes wrong with it.

Big no-no...

8800GT = More cooling, Bigger case, Better PSU...

So alotta possible upgrades. Give him those tips. Building a computer is alot easier than he thinks it is..

`PaWz

banned
Both systems are using 667 ram, which is ok, but not the fastest. It would be better if it was using DDR2 800mhz ram.
How can I know if the Affinity computer allows any overclocking capability? That's the only thing that would get him the 800mhz, assuming he doesn't want to replace them.
Is his limit $799? Or can he go a bit higher?
His limit can be much higher than that, but $1000-1300 I think is the ideal for him.

oscaryu1

VIP Member
How can I know if the Affinity computer allows any overclocking capability? That's the only thing that would get him the 800mhz, assuming he doesn't want to replace them.

His limit can be much higher than that, but $1000-1300 I think is the ideal for him.

$1300 could get him a LOT better. Seriously... He needs to look at how easy it is to make a computer... I built mine in 5mins...

Affinity probably doesn't. The probably lock it...

`PaWz

banned
$1300 could get him a LOT better. Seriously... He needs to look at how easy it is to make a computer... I built mine in 5mins...

Affinity probably doesn't. The probably lock it...
Well, the thing he is worried about is that if there is any hardware problem, he will have no idea how to handle it, or know what hardware is causing the problem.

I think I am going to call him and try to convince him to let me build it for him.

paratwa

For $1300 you could build him a killer system and he won't be stuck with a crap pre build.

I have looked at all of the big pre build companys, and for that money you have to settle for poor part selections.

I just can not recommend with a clear conscious any system by any of the big companys. Sorry.

oscaryu1

VIP Member
Well, the thing he is worried about is that if there is any hardware problem, he will have no idea how to handle it, or know what hardware is causing the problem.

I think I am going to call him and try to convince him to let me build it for him.

What? You're joking! Newegg will handle it ASAP! 30 days full money back, and manufacturer's warranty! I've heard that Newegg even gives you the rebate if the manufacturer declines it...

`PaWz

banned
For $1300 you could build him a killer system and he won't be stuck with a crap pre build.

I have looked at all of the big pre build companys, and for that money you have to settle for poor part selections.

I just can not recommend with a clear conscious any system by any of the big companys. Sorry.
What? You're joking! Newegg will handle it ASAP! 30 days full money back, and manufacturer's warranty! I've heard that Newegg even gives you the rebate if the manufacturer declines it...
All valid points. I guess I'll just have to talk to him.