2 external hard drives running on one pc

sledge106

hi all i have one 500 gig lacie external hard drive that is almost full. I bought a second 1 TB Prestige external hard drive that i now want to attach to my pc while still leaving the old one attached. I do not leave my external hard drive on except for when it is in use. What i want to know is, Is it possible to set up the second hard drive and leave the other one attached to the pc or will their be conflicting issues? is it just as easy as plugging it in and turning it on or is their special steps that should be taken? Can they both be turned on at the same time without issue? Thank you for any help

Cams

Just plug it in and away you go. You will just have a drive E/F/ or G or something when you go to my computer.

m3incorp

You won't have any problems. It will be recognized as another drive and assigned a letter and that's it.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
It's not too uncommon for me to have my card reader ( shows up as 4 drives), three internal HDs, DVD-RW, two external drives a networked drive all going at once ;) Though I'm still a bit curious what the computer does once you get all the alphabet covered :p

memory

It's not too uncommon for me to have my card reader ( shows up as 4 drives), three internal HDs, DVD-RW, two external drives a networked drive all going at once ;) Though I'm still a bit curious what the computer does once you get all the alphabet covered :p

Now that I would like to see. I would say it would be A1, A2, A3 etc...