2 firewalls

34erd

Sorry if this is a repeat of another thread, but I have 2 firewalls on my system. The integrated nvidia one, and windows default. Will these conflict with eachother? Which one is better? Also once I install my panda security suite (yes I know its dumb to not have it installed yet :eek: ) will I need to disable them?

And is Kapersky or whatever its called really that much better then panda because I just purchased another year of it 3 months ago. Does anyone know if you can run panda on 2 different computers?

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
Running multiple firewalls can cause conflict. Between the Nvidia and Windows, iw ould probably say the Nvdida is better, but dont quote me on that. And im not sure about the other programs, as ive not used them. So ill let the security experts take over

Geoff

VIP Member
As elmar said, having 2 software files may cause conflicts. If you want more than 1 firewall though, pick up a hardware firewall in addition to your software firewall.

Raditz

multi firewall can also slow down your computer. Just pick one. I stick with SVP2 firewall one. Its better.

meanman

i agree download the free zonealarm firewall it rocks also free avg is a great anti virus you can get both from download.com they work great together

mpic92

meanman said:
i agree download the free zonealarm firewall it rocks also free avg is a great anti virus you can get both from download.com they work great together
Yup, thats what I do.