2 hard drives

AkinaGod

If I have one hard drive that is with windows and data, and I have a second one plugged in to the computer, but doesn't have anything on it except occasional data I store to back up the data, and I get a virus all of a sudden, does my back up drive get the virus as well? The back up drive would not have windows on there and wouldn't be accessed but to store my websites and web pictures I work on. So would it still be susceptible to get a virus?

A Cheese Danish

There is a chance that drive could get a virus as well as other drives. However, most the time the virus will be downloaded onto your main drive (the one with the os) and not harm the other one. But yes, there is a chance that drive could get the virus instead.

Bob692006

There is a chance that drive could get a virus as well as other drives. However, most the time the virus will be downloaded onto your main drive (the one with the os) and not harm the other one. But yes, there is a chance that drive could get the virus instead.

Agreed

fmw

A virus infects a file. If you back up an infected file then the backup will be just like the original.