2 Hard Drives

JoeD

I installed a second hard drive (wd3200jd sata) in my system because I was running out of space. I would like to use the second hard drive just as I use the first - not just for storage. The second drive works - I installed a game on it to be sure. Three questions so far:
1. How do I go back and forth between the two drives? The only drive I can get to is the one that I make first priority in the bios. Sure, I can get the files using either "my computer" or "windows wxplorer" but can't get to the desktop of the second priority drive.
2. How do I get an internet connection to my new drive? I used the new connection wizard and entered my broadband info (user name and password) but didn't work)
3. I have no sound on my new hard drive. How do I get the new hard drive to recognize the audio device? When I go into control panel and sound, it says there are no audio devices.
Thank you for any help. JoeD.

suprasteve

your post is rather confusing, unless you're installing another OS on the second drive, you don't need to worry about any of those things, all those responsibilities lie with the OS. If you are installing a second OS on the drive, you set it up exactly like you would if you only had that drive

JoeD

I have no doubt that my post was confusing! I solved the second and third questions - I didn't realize that I needed to reinstall drivers. I reinstalled the sound card driver on the second hard drive and I had sound. I reinstalled the ethernet card driver and I could connect to the internet.
As far as your comment, I installed windows xp on the second hard drive and it works fine.
I just thought you could somehow go back and forth between the 2 drives. I guess I'm wrong. I assume now that whatever hard drive you give 1st priority to in the bios, is the one whose desktop you will have on the monitor. Is that right? You can't flip back and forth between the 2 desktops?
Sorry for the confusing questions, but they come easy when you don't know what you are talking about!
Thanks -JoeD

JoeD said:
I have no doubt that my post was confusing! I solved the second and third questions - I didn't realize that I needed to reinstall drivers. I reinstalled the sound card driver on the second hard drive and I had sound. I reinstalled the ethernet card driver and I could connect to the internet.
As far as your comment, I installed windows xp on the second hard drive and it works fine.
I just thought you could somehow go back and forth between the 2 drives. I guess I'm wrong. I assume now that whatever hard drive you give 1st priority to in the bios, is the one whose desktop you will have on the monitor. Is that right? You can't flip back and forth between the 2 desktops?
Sorry for the confusing questions, but they come easy when you don't know what you are talking about!
Thanks -JoeD

OH! You mean you're trying to dual-boot. All you need is an OS selector, like I have Acronis OS Selector.