2 HDs in RAID

PC eye

banned
The one I finding myself is that to use a SATA as a primary you should be running a strictly Serial ATA model board. Being that an eide controller will automatically override a SATA array without being disabled you would need to setup Windows on an eide while using the array for storage. With those two drives only you would see the 36.6gb as the primary and the 150gb as the secondary not slave in an array. This is due to being read as one drive.

For what you are trying to do here you would want a reasonably sized ide drive to run Windows and your programs on while having a large capacity storage drive available for throwing things on. A Serial ATA array would provide a higher speed storage capacity as opposed to slaving a large ide to your main boot drive. SATA like SCSI was initially just for this purpose. Newer boards out can run strictly on SATA at 10,000rpm with no ide controller involved. Some of those boards are able to manage to separate arrays where you would see a separate drive listed fpr each array.(gee? i did i get that out in one bunch or not?)