2 in 1 Shopping - Need Advice

cappy2

I am looking for a 10-inch 2 in 1 as an extra to my 15-inch Intel Core i5-5200U laptop. I would like Windows 10 and will use it mainly for some financial programs, surfing, watching videos etc. I need to multitask and want speed - however - I would like to get something under $500, preferably under $400. Refurbished is fine, I am just not sure whether I should simply buy one one with an Atom processor - if so which kind - or try and find something better for the money I want to spend. I seems that Celerons and Pentiums can be had for under $500.

Any suggestions? I like speed, efficiency, and multi-tasking but don't play games or need special graphics etc...

cappy2

what about a celeron or pentium? Wouldn't I get good performance on a small tablet / laptop with a basic Atom processor? Even some of the Microsoft Surface products have Atoms in them. A quad core perhaps???

beers

Staff member
'Good performance' is largely subjective. If you're just basic web browsing then a Pentium or Celeron would be alright. If you're doing anything productive I wouldn't really go lower than i3.

You say you want speed but that is not what budget hardware provides :p