2 opticals -- Whats best to get along with a DVD Burner?

lokodezine

I am going to get a pc through monarchcomputer.com and I am for sure getting the NEC 3540 DVD/CD Burner...

My question is it better to get a CD Burner as your second drive or a DVD player as the second drive?

lokodezine

well Im just wondering not on a specific drive just if its better to go with a dvd rom drive or a cd burner to go along with a dvd rw drive

Johnnyboy0056

well if i were u i would just go with the dvd rom, because almost guaranteed that both can at least read cds, and the dvd rw can write cds, so id go both dvd drives.

CmoAMD

I like to get a DVD RW and a CD RW, that way I can burn DVDs, and since I burn alot of CD's, with 2 drives its faster.

robina_80

get a dvd burner aswell as the nec because if you get a dvd aswell you ahve to drives so you can copy disk to disk

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
My question is it better to get a CD Burner as your second drive or a DVD player as the second drive?
If you want to do anything serious with CDs, then a CD drive ... DVDburners wont ever touch the cd-capabilities of good cd burners ... have a look at Plextor, LiteOn and ASUS CDRW drives.

Alternatively, if you want to do DVD dumping, get a DVDROM ... it'll outperform the ROM capabilities of the DVDRW drive and save wear and tear :) Nice thing about ROMs is that you can avoid ATIP checks since they dont have the ability to read ATIP

if you get a dvd aswell you ahve to drives so you can copy disk to disk
Which would be a terrible idea for anyone who does anything remotely serious or quality with an optical drive.

jetster

I have just bought a dvd rw (LG brand). install it together with my old dvd rom but i can't play a dvd through dvd rw one when they are both connected together but it will play when i disconnected the dvd rom.

anybody knows why ??