2 questions for project

X24

OK, they are both about my Mini-itx project.
1st, what should i put it in? its pretty small, and i was thinking ammo box, but thats been overdone i believe, so what else is there small, that i could be able to carry sometimes.

2nd i am going to OC my pci card for it, the FX5700LE a butt-load, so what should i use to cool it down? like some fans, or a fan heat sinc, or something else.....? btw, i want it to be affordable.

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Hmmm....

Why not use the ammo box? It's a good idea. You could add a side window to make it special ;). Now as to the card cooling, I would suggest something like the Zalman VF700-Cu. That should be able to cool it down well.

JAN :D

X24

also, thats a good idea, i could add plexi glass to it, and get some LED lights for it, idk where to find a good ammo box, but i'll search the net.

link for the cooling?

X24

do u think using stock cooling, then an 80mm fan right by it would do the trick? or should i take it a step farther and geat a good heat sinc fan combo and add artic silver to it or something

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Well

It hink that if you have that little extra to spare, a good HSF would be better. This would still come with some decent cooling. I would suggest some three fans for a case the size of an ammo box.

JAN D:

X24

I would if i could, lol.
so, i think i'll be going with at the least the stock cooling + a $3 red LED 80mm fan pointing directly onto it, and 2 cheap 80mm fans or $3 lighted fans blowing over all the insides.

or, if i can find a good hsf that will fit it good, i will get that, and 2 red LED fans.

either way i think it should keep it way cooler then stock, and look better too.

BTW, where do u think i could find that wire mesh kinda of stuff for the ammo box? like at a local hardware place or somewhere special online or what?

penguinrusty

I would take a sawz-all and cut off a length-wize panel, put in a lexan window, some cold cathode's or LED's, and then cut mounting holse on both sides for the fans, and make some cool fan grills. One would suck and one would blow, thus creating a great air flow...from one end to the other. Great idea, btw. :D

X24

yes, i might do something along this line, but i was wondering how many fans i can hook up to this? becuase i found a nice 120mm fan that could be put on top and blow over the whole thing

X24

soooo, how many fans can i hook up? or should i just go with 3 120mm fan, one on each side for blower and exhuast, and one on top just to throw some more down at it.