20.3 !!!!!

yuki953

Major, i just set up a 20.3 setup... its rlly getto though, its just 3 bases, and 20 speakers, im afraid to turn on, what do you think?

WeatherMan

Please be kidding me, Are you saying you've hooked up 20 sat's & 3 subs to your amp / crosswired everything?

What a joke. Wth

gamerman4

not 20.3 at all, surround sound naming scheme has nothing to do with number of speakers, it is the channel count. for example: 5.1 means there are 6 individual channels of audio...C,FR,FL,RL,RR, and Sub. Regardless of hoqw many speakers you use, they will be outputting one of those 6 channels.

mega10169

The best I could do is a "10.1" and that would put such a strain on my amp I would never try it. If you have more than 1 speaker hooked up to 1 output on the amp, you're probably overloading it.

The best I could do is a "10.1" and that would put such a strain on my amp I would never try it. If you have more than 1 speaker hooked up to 1 output on the amp, you're probably overloading it.

You would have to find out what impedance your amplifier can take them try to wire the speakers in parallel or series or a combination to get the required impedance. Here is a good article explaining it all : http://www.marktaw.com/recording/Electronics/OhmsAmpsandSpeakers.html