20-pin to 24-pin adapter

grizzle

is it possible to to get an adapter so i could use my 20 pin power supply as a 24 pin. for new mother board

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Check your mobo though... I'm quite sure many will work just fine without such a converter. The other 4 pins are just two 12v lines and grounds, I beleive...

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
The_Other_One said:
Check your mobo though... I'm quite sure many will work just fine without such a converter. The other 4 pins are just two 12v lines and grounds, I beleive...
Yea, they should, but im not being held accountable if it doesnt.

grizzle

hmm, guess nobody got what i was really saying, srry for bad english. what im trying to say is that i have a power supply that is only 20-pin in my garage. i have a new computer which requires 24-pin so im wondering if there is an adapter to convert the 20-pin to a 24

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
grizzle said:
hmm, guess nobody got what i was really saying, srry for bad english. what im trying to say is that i have a power supply that is only 20-pin in my garage. i have a new computer which requires 24-pin so im wondering if there is an adapter to convert the 20-pin to a 24
elmarcorulz said:
Click the yes

Yasu

Just curious here, but does anything really happen to your computer if you use a 20-pin PSU with a mobo that is 24-pin?