$200 No OS

aSc1@3

Does anyone here know of a $200 maximum no os dual core desktop?
dosn't matter if it is mising hdd or optical drive or case or keyboard or mouse or speakers

G25r8cer

Thats a fairly good one. If running vista you def want another gig of ram though. But, ram is cheap now days anyways.

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
Try to stay away from logisys power supplys. They are extremely cheap, and low quality. I have one here for testing only, and i tell ya.. i would never trust it to run a complete system. I wouldn't cheap out on the power supply, with one that cheap, if it goes, it can take the whole computer with it.

lovely?

Try to stay away from logisys power supplys. They are extremely cheap, and low quality. I have one here for testing only, and i tell ya.. i would never trust it to run a complete system. I wouldn't cheap out on the power supply, with one that cheap, if it goes, it can take the whole computer with it.

gotta love OCZ :cool:

aSc1@3

Thanks guys, just a few things:
1. zer0 c00l, that brabones kit is actually a very good deal, and the case is better than the one i already have. if i get yours, i'm thinkig about getting the ruby orb cooler:http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2844209&CatId=493

2.wiwazevedo:your set-up is good, but the mobo has an agp slot, and the vid. card is pciex16. also, i despise msi with a reasonable cause

3.garethman: i love that you were able to fit the 2.8 ghz cpu in that price, and i'll probably pick-up less ram and a vid. card later, but i would probably go with reddevil6's psu.

4.reddevil6: i like that psu and i think i would prefer the vid. card you picked

I think i will mix up some parts from all your configs and post it when i get them. thanks!

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member

+1

I don't trust ANYTHING from Logisys.

oscaryu1

VIP Member
I had one of those PSU's powering my Celeron 420. I can't say I was dissappointed... Played every game I wanted (including BF2142) and multitasked like a monster!

But still, I was probably just lucky.

Go for the hec Orion 585Ws.