$2000 Gaming Rig

So I have about 2 grand to spend on a pc today, I want it to be future proof for gaming. I will do not need a case or mouse or keyboard, but i need everything else. Any suggestions?

Booyaka

well my friend, I think the company that designed gaming pcs is Alienware
I looked in their website and found out that they have one pc looks good its called:
Alienware Aurora

CPU Options : Up to Overclocked 6-core 2nd Gen Intel®
Core™ i7-3970x (15MB Cache, up to 4.3 GHz)

Operating Systems : Windows® 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
Windows 8 (64-bit)

Memory : Up to 32GB Dual Channel DDR3
SDRAM at 1600Mhz - 4 DIMMS
Performance Graphics : NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660 1.5GB GDDR5
AMD Radeon™ HD 7870 2GB GDDR5
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 680 2GB GDDR5
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 690 4GB GDDR5

Dual Graphic Options : Dual NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660 1.5GB GDDR5
Dual AMD Radeon™ HD 7870 2GB GDDR5
Dual NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 680 2GB GDDR5

3D Capable (Optional) : YES

Optional RAID Hard Drive : YES

USB Ports : 8

well for me it looks good, but I never tried it, it is a lit bit higher in the price as for other pcs or brands; in their website they say it costs 1399 $ which is descent money it the parts all works fine with long term, maybe with the rest 600$ you can buy a well large screen and maybe some other accessories.

wait to hear for others, maybe they have some good suggestion, or ask somebody who experienced Alienware aurora or at least any of their pcs.

good luck brother

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are you looking to build the system yourself or a pre-built one?

You have a monitor right?..and is that budget US dollars or Canada?

You will do better building a system yourself. :)

spynoodle

Are you looking to build the system yourself or a pre-built one?

You have a monitor right?..and is that budget US dollars or Canada?

You will do better building a system yourself. :)
^Yes; not only will you probably save a little money, but you can guarantee that you'll use quality components.

Yes, Im building it myself, im going to frys elwctronics in a couple hours. I dont know if i wanna go AMD or Inetl. I have heard great reviews about the 8350 and it would save me cash as well

spirit

Staff member
well my friend, I think the company that designed gaming pcs is Alienware
I looked in their website and found out that they have one pc looks good its called:
Alienware Aurora
Build it yourself. Don't go down the Alienware route even if you want to buy pre-built.

spynoodle

Yes, Im building it myself, im going to frys elwctronics in a couple hours. I dont know if i wanna go AMD or Inetl. I have heard great reviews about the 8350 and it would save me cash as well
With $2000, you might was well go the Intel route and get an i7-3930k; it will definitely be faster than any AMD CPU. Not that the FX-8350 is a bad CPU, but with your budget, you should just go for the best.