200W PSU with a 2.4GHz?

I have bought some parts to replace my computer. But i did not buy a case or power supply.
I bought the following parts:
PC Chips motherboard
AGP 64MB Video card
2.4ghz Intel Celeron CPU
256mb Rosewill Memory

Plus i kept the following:

Sony 48x24x50x CD-RW
5400RPM Maxtor Harddrive

My problem is that the computer moniter will not start up. I have gotten the video card replaced 2wice, and i didnt kno if the problem might be that I KEPT MY POWER SUPPLY AND ITS ONLY 200W.

yea , 250 is really low , you need to at least get a 350watt, thats what im runnin and everynow and then i get a occasional no warning restart. but of course i have 2 hdds , 2 dvd-rws, and alot of other crap runin off of my psu, 250 would probaly be ok if u only have like 1 fan , 1 hdd , and 1 cd drive

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Yea i have read that and i dont understand any of it. Can so one just point me in the direction
Well the logitcal step would be to either (a) ask question about what you dont understand or (b) read it since you wouldnt have to ask
Can so one just point me in the direction of what i need for about 40-50 bucks?

;)

dunerider5

Wouldn't it be nice if you could FORCE all new members to read all the 101's? I did, and let me tell you its worth it.

how much ampages and rails do i need?

That means you didn't read it. Nor did you pass your english classes.

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
o please praetor..... calm down. i knoe u wanted me to read it cuz u wrote it... lOL
No. Id like for you to read it so you dont keep preaching stupidity. Its annoying because when you call people out for posting stupidity they tend to get touchy over it. Now if they read something that explains why what they are saying is stupid it might make a bit more sense

brettbt

umm that runs 15A @ 12v i dono if you look on newegg search it. im getting the 500watt Rosewill 12V @ 34A and my computer is just like yours. id suggest getting that one and its only 63 bucks after shipping.

heres the link
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817182004

thats the one im getting and it should work good with your setup.
also i have a geforce 6800 2 120mm fans CD drive DVD drive and harddrive and that power supply should be fine so you should be ok