2010 Toshiba Windows 7

Trinak

Trying to access internet but Internet Explorer doesn't appear to work - can't get on Internet to download new browser. Help - all I want to do is add Yahoo so I can email a document and then saying goodbye to computer

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
What does the network connection icon say down by the clock? Does it say internet access?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Then try resetting IE by doing the following. Open control panel, open internet options, click advanced tab, click on both reset buttons as shown in image.

reset IE.jpg

Also, click on connections tab, click on lan settings button, make sure proxy server box is unchecked.

proxy.jpg

Trinak

Thank you for,your response. I have completed the tasks you suggested. I can now get a partial yahoo search to open but it says not responding due to long running script. Now I remember why I bought an iPad! Lol. Still want to save this one document.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Ok. What I suggest doing is download firefox to a usb flash drive on another system then start the install on this machine and it should install just fine and you'll have internet. Seems there is an issue with IE.

Get firefox download from here.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/download/thanks/

Or can you copy document to usb flash drive and email using different computer?

Trinak

Thanks again. We only have this old laptop and two iPads but the USB idea is great. At least I can get the doc onto a drive even if I can't do anything with it right now. Thanks again!