21.5" iMac Dual Monitor Flickering

rationalthinking

First let me start off by giving the equipment specs.

Main Rig:
21.5" iMac
2.5GHz i5
16GB RAM
HD 6750M 512MB

Second Display:
Gateway FHX2152L BD 21.5" LED Monitor

I am currently running dual monitors from off my iMac using the Mini Display port adapter to VGA in Windows 7 via BootCamp.

The problem comes in when using both monitors while gaming. I want to game on my iMac display as primary and the Gateway monitor as secondary just to browse the web.

It is running fine with roughly 60FPS, but there is a "flickering" or "flashing" of some sort while using this setup in game.

Is this a GPU issue or am I having trouble with the adapter?

JaredC.

I dont think your video card has the capability (performance) for dual monitors while gaming.

Have you tried just using one monitor while gaming to see if it gives you any problems?

rationalthinking

I dont think your video card has the capability (performance) for dual monitors while gaming.

Have you tried just using one monitor while gaming to see if it gives you any problems?
Yes, I have been gaming on it using just 1 monitor.

Problem only surfaces during a dual monitor set up. Think you are right about the lack of GPU performance.

The question is really about if the Mini Display port somehow is the issue here. This is the first experience I have with MiniDisplay to VGA setup.

JaredC.

Do you have another adapter you can try? Other than I just make sure everything is properly connected.