24" or 28" monitor or maybe bigger

memory

I am looking to do a new build soon hopefully, not had much time to mess with it. I am looking into upgrading to a 4k monitor as well. I would not mind having a 28" if it would be in my budget. My budget is $300 to 400. I do mostly gaming like BF1 and maybe others as well along with watching videos and general web browsing. Don't do any video editing or anything like that. I am currently using a 24" 1080p monitor and a secondary 19" standard monitor.

Are there any certain brands to stay away from? Would I be fine with 60mhz refresh rate? Would there be any difference in buying a 4k monitor vs a 4k tv? I do have the space to go bigger if it's in the budget.

Here is the build I plan on doing, I have not bought anything yet.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kydcwV

EDIT: I updated the link, had the wrong one

Last edited:

memory

I don't have a problem turning down the settings as long as I don't have to turn them all the way down. One game I plan on playing is BF1.

Intel_man

VIP Member
I'd aim for a gtx 1080 as a minimum if you want to run 4k. If you stick with a 1070, I'd go for a 1440p monitor instead.

memory

Ok ty for the info. Maybe I will just stick with a 1070 and go with a 1440p and save a little money. I am guessing 1440p is considered 2k, right? Are there any certain brands to stay away from? How much of a difference is there between 1080p and 1440p?