2500k vs 2550k

tech savvy

Im bout to be doing a gaming PC build here in about a week or so(some might already know from other post), and wanted to know which will be a better buy.FYI, I will have a dedicated video card.

I read some reviews on the 2550k, and most are saying that its able to clock higher and run alittle cooler than the 2500k do to not having a IGP.It's only $10 more than the 2500k, so what ya'll think?

Thanks.

MineIQ1701

Just seems like a matter of preferance to me, the 2550k might be a tad bit better, but I don't think it would be a noticeable ammount over the 2500k. If you want to go for it, but
I would personally rather stick with what works, the 2500k.

spirit

Staff member
If the 2550K is only $10 more, go for it if you think it's worth it, but the 2500K is already a very overclockable CPU and it's fast.

tech savvy

I say go to microcenter and grab a 2500k for 180!!!!!!! Their 2550K is 200 for some reason though.

Closet microcenter to me is 450+ miles(map quest), one way!I live in Tampa,Fl and the closet one is in Georgia.Trust me, I wish I lived close to a microcenter.

jonnyp11

Closet microcenter to me is 450+ miles(map quest), one way!I live in Tampa,Fl and the closet one is in Georgia.Trust me, I wish I lived close to a microcenter.

I live (according to google) about 60/65 depending on which of the 2 i go to, one is right around a fry's, but the drive is still ~1 1/2 hours depending on traffic. Wish i had the money to grab a few of them then sell the here on the forum or something for like 200-210 dep on shipping, make a couple bucks.

87dtna

All 2500k's can easily clock to 4-4.2ghz daily with a small aftermarket cooler, or more with better cooling.

There's nothing a 2500k at 4ghz is going to do slowly, nor will any game bottleneck it for the next few years.

Save your $10.