250mm case fan

r3dh3adkid

The one way you would probably be able to get a 250mm sized fan would be to take down the make and model case with one and request a replacement from the manufacturer to see if you could get one or more that way. When I went through the various vendors for custom styled cases that model turned up with the 250mm fan on it.

In fact I looked it over while deciding on a better case to use here. That can be seen at http://www.xoxide.com/aerocool-aeroengine-2-black.html

the only thing about that case is its kinda loud. 29dba on the front intake fan :-/

and i think that it only has like 2 or 3 fans total. the big one in the front, and like 1 or 2 in the back. id mod the case to have atleast 1 or 2 more 120s ^_^

tommycompton

There are a number of cases that come with 250mm fans, but nowhere that I know of that sells such fans individually. Pelko's 172x150mm fan is the largest I am aware of. Alternatively, you could purchase a side panel that includes a 250mm fan, remove it, and attach to your own case. Do note that despite the size, the actual airflow provided by this fan is quite low (67.69 CFM compared to 265.1 CFM of the fan I mentioned earlier).
i love the warning posted on the 150mm fan
"Warning, Due to the size of the impeller, the fan is not able to reduce speed immediately after loss of power and can remain dangerous until its blades finally come to rest. (This may take as long as 10 seconds.)

Note: When using this fan on your case we recommend that you use it to exhaust air and not intake air to avoid damage to your components."

i want one:D :D :D

PC eye

banned
the only thing about that case is its kinda loud. 29dba on the front intake fan :-/

and i think that it only has like 2 or 3 fans total. the big one in the front, and like 1 or 2 in the back. id mod the case to have atleast 1 or 2 more 120s ^_^

It comes with the 140mm blue led fan inside the case mounted to the chassis with a free spinning fan on the face plate that looks like a jet turbine there. There's a 120mm blue led fan used for the rear exhaust. Here I simply dropped in a pair of 120mm blue led fans on the clear side panel to add to the airflow overall. Try going from a board temp of 48C seen in the old case with only two 80mm fans to 31C seen with three 120mm fans and one 140mm fan to get air moving there.

r3dh3adkid

It comes with the 140mm blue led fan inside the case mounted to the chassis with a free spinning fan on the face plate that looks like a jet turbine there. There's a 120mm blue led fan used for the rear exhaust. Here I simply dropped in a pair of 120mm blue led fans on the clear side panel to add to the airflow overall. Try going from a board temp of 48C seen in the old case with only two 80mm fans to 31C seen with three 120mm fans and one 140mm fan to get air moving there.

Well damn u definatly beat me and my 250mm. I've got 1 120mm on the front for intake, 250mm on the side panel is intake, a 120mm on the rear for out flow, another 90mm at the top of the rear for out take, and a 80mm at the top of the case for outtake, and my board temp is only 36-37 :-/...but wait till my fan controller comes in tomorrow and we'll see how cool my case gets ;-)

PC eye

banned
That old case originally had a Socket A that never saw more then about 42C for a board temp. But for some reason the S939 boards are warmer with less power being draw by the cpu. I don't think I'll need a fan controller since the Zalman hsf with a 92mm fan has that covered. :D

r3dh3adkid

That old case originally had a Socket A that never saw more then about 42C for a board temp. But for some reason the S939 boards are warmer with less power being draw by the cpu. I don't think I'll need a fan controller since the Zalman hsf with a 92mm fan has that covered. :D

well i need one for the other case fans i have cause i cannot feel like ANY air blowing from the top fan :-/ and i wanna turn that 250mm fan up to see what that baby can do!

PC eye

banned
With a pair of 120s that run faster you would see some air moving around. You can put in a large fan and still see a lack of air flow if there is nothing else working along with it. Try a case with top and rear exhaust fans only without any for intake. Several fans in different places will see more air being moved around. The twin 120s along with the 140mm front intake have that covered pretty well.