2600K vs 2500K vs X4 955BE

Okedokey

Interesting performance comparison

04-pure-performance1.png

Performance per price

05-performance-over-price.png

Performance per price (2600K and 2500K only)

06-performance-over-price-v2.png

Last edited:

spynoodle

Cool chart! I was surprised that the 2500k somehow got a better score in the encryption section....odd...

Okedokey

For me, with lots of video decoding, multithreaded apps, and F@H - 100 bucks well spent.

Last edited:

Okedokey

I would suggest 3% performance difference is in the ranges of error and could be erroneous. Either way, the whole argument is a judgement call around what 100 bucks? The 2600K makes my video editing belt along, so im happy. As shown in chart there is a 20 - 50% performance premium, thats hours a week. Plus, i use this on the side for consulting work i do, so 100 bucks (which btw is tax deductible) is 15 minutes work, so i save that much over and over - it actually becomes a better option.

jonnyp11

wait, so you get to game, consult, F@H or whatever, and work at bob's wacky inflatable tube men warehouse (something like that, been so long since seen that ep.)

linkin

VIP Member
No offence mate but please use proper spelling and grammar, it's just a courtesy for other people :)

I still can't wait for Bulldozer. I hope as we get closer to launch we get more reliable information.

Aastii

VIP Member
but then you look at price/performance and realise for the normal user, the 955 is still the best option out of the three if on a budget. I would say, however, if it can be fit into the budget, 2500k every time (until we see bulldozer maybe)