27'' monitor help please

PhotonCrasher

Hi there i need some help with 27'' monitors, im looking to buy a widescreen one with a resolution of 2560x1440 but im not to sure what to go with, I im very tempted to go with this one: The asus PB278Q
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009668YPM/ref=asc_df_B009668YPM10678016?smid=AGZZYKTT1GZVV&tag=hydra0b-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22218&creativeASIN=B009668YPM&hvpos=1o1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1843070310655202697&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=

any one else know of any better 27'' monitors, and also will i experience any problems running an xbox of the monitor as well, you know, witht eh high resolution and all??? And i will be running a mac of the monitor also will it be able to support the high resolution? if so what cable should i use? would this one be suitable? http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002XVYZ82/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

newcomputer20

Theres something I think you should consider but it maybe not best in your case. The crazy koreans are selling 27 inch IPS monitors very cheap on ebay. Just google catleap. The disadvanges of these are: only dvi output (no xbox), you dont know what you're getting, you have to pay tax on top of price etc

I recommend you go for the one you posted, seems good to me. The xbox should work fine on it - I think you need a HDMI to HDMI for it though. Mac should also be fine given that you get the right cable. Just take a look at the inputs on your mac and see what you need.

claptonman

Theres something I think you should consider but it maybe not best in your case. The crazy koreans are selling 27 inch IPS monitors very cheap on ebay. Just google catleap. The disadvanges of these are: only dvi output (no xbox), you dont know what you're getting, you have to pay tax on top of price etc

I recommend you go for the one you posted, seems good to me. The xbox should work fine on it - I think you need a HDMI to HDMI for it though. Mac should also be fine given that you get the right cable. Just take a look at the inputs on your mac and see what you need.

I have a korean model and it is great. Xbox doesn't really matter, since you won't be playing your xbox at 1440. Doesn't support it.

PhotonCrasher

yeh thanks, but claptonman, if i connect my xbox to the monitor via hdmi, will the picture fill the whole screen?, also for my mac it has a mini dvi output as well as a mini display port output (i have a mini display port to dvi-d adapter) , do you know what cables i should use to connect it to the asus monitor i linked?