2nd dvi does not work on both cards

sef24

Hi,

I have two 6950 xfx v-cards, and both 2nd slot dvis do not seem to work.

I currently had 2 monitors, 1 in the top vga slot, the other in an hdmi slot (because double vga didnt work when I bought the 2nd monitor)

Now I can either buy a mini display port to ??? to get the 3rd one going (I think), unless I can somehow fix this.... really doesnt seem likely that BOTH video cards 2nd dvi slot were broken out of the box.

Now is there anything that can be fixed to get it going? I have downloaded multiple versions of the amd 69xx series drivers with no luck...
The only way I can get all 3 to work is buy disabling crossfire and going..
1hdmi
1 dvi for each card.
thanks!

StrangleHold

Staff member
Both DVI should work. If you add a third monitor to the card you will need to use the Display Port not the HDMI. From what I understand its. DVD+DVI+Display Port or DVI+HDMI+Display Port.

Last edited:

sef24

ugh, so NO MATTER WHAT, I am going to have to get that 2nd DVI to work for a monitor...

which they give 0 response to in BOTH cards.

sef24

err, so your saying I CAN go....

hdmi + 1 dvi + mini display port, and it should work?

because, putting the 3rd monitor into my 2nd video card (without crossfire enabled), has the 3rd monitor grayed out in eyefinity control.
was hoping to be able to use eyefinity with 1 vcard for now till my mini display port male to dvi female comes in

Last edited: