3 IDE Devices

trammsrvt

I am going to try and setup 3 IDE devices on my PC. 1 is source CD; 2 is CD burner; and 3 is DVD/burner. Has anyone encountered problems doing this? I notice they don’t make very many 3 device IDE cables and I haven’t found any that are round.

Regards,

Ron

TFT

VIP Member
I believe if you have the interface you can purchase a PCI-based IDE/ATA controller card, this could give you an extra channel.

vix

As stated above, IDE supports only two devices per channel. If you have an older board with two IDE connectors you can put two devices on one cable and the third on the other cable.

If your board only has one IDE connector, your best bet would probably be to either install a add-on controller card, or replace one of the devices with something with a SATA interface.

G25r8cer

I believe if you have the interface you can purchase a PCI-based IDE/ATA controller card, this could give you an extra channel.

Yes you can. Infact this is what almost all Older pc's have. I have one on my old Compaq. The hdd is connected to the Mobo and my CD drive and Zip drive are connected to the PCI card.