300$ laptop

kazkepox

hey guys, an about a week or two were gonna buy a laptop for me and we have about a 300$ budget. I want something that I can do schoolwork on and play mild games. help a bruddah out.

ganzey

banned
good luck getting one for $300. u gonna have to get a used one. and yes, u can build laptops, but u start with a barebone

PatPheFox

i have an acer aspire i for for lke 300, 10". you can only get a mini for that small an amount. here it is on newegg, i like it but i dont play games.

the only cons are the battery life (1-2 hrs, with the screen on) and the burning heat the cpu gives off, other than that it is a good mini.

aviation_man

You might want to reconsider your budget. Save more money and buy a notebook, like an HP or somethign. You really don't have a choice other than a netbook. And acer laptops aren't really the best either.. And if you were going to build a laptop, it'd be WAY more than three hundred bucks; I can tell you that. Sorry man.

Hugh9191

Avoid Celerons like swine flu!

+1 on saving more and buying a more expensive one.

Let us know the details on the refurbs.

kazkepox

yeah, and the refurb guy is the son of a close family friend, so I think we will get a good deal from him.