35mm Film To Computer

epidemik

Do you have a DV video camera?

On many cameras theres an option to play through camera.
You hook up a vcr (or whatever) to the Camera's RCA and then change an option and it plays it as if it were the tape inside the DV camera.

Tell me if you do and i can help you set this up.
Or maybe you can figure it out. If you have the manual, look for play through camear or something.

epidemik

Yeah, like an older video camera correct?
Do you have a newer video camera what can hook up to the computer that you can import with?

It would be setup along the lines of:

Older camera---(RCA)--->Newer Camera---(Firewire/USB)--->Computer

massahwahl

VIP Member
Yeah, like an older video camera correct?
Do you have a newer video camera what can hook up to the computer that you can import with?

It would be setup along the lines of:

Older camera---(RCA)--->Newer Camera---(Firewire/USB)--->Computer

Newer cameras would probably not have a RCA input though, it would be an output.

epidemik

Newer cameras would probably not have a RCA input though, it would be an output.

Exactly but some newer cameras have an option into an output...that was the original sugestion;)

On mine, in the menu, it says S/AV Input, switch that to on (or off, i can never remember, you gotta play with it) and your RCA output becomes an input

4NGU$

VIP Member
the only proper way to do this is to use a scanner with 35mm film templates now these are quite expensive, but you can get some camera shops to put your negatives on cd for a small fee

Edit: most shops that do developing in the uk have an option in there development package that is put my images on a CD

epidemik

Oh lol....im such a noob
i was thinking 8mm video. (or whatever that stuff before MiniDV was called)
Sorry bout this. Hope i didnt confuse you too much.
So mixed up, my bad.

Oh, lol, going back and re-reading, you even told me. I feel so dumb.

Um...yeah, what angus said, take your negatives into a shop and they can probably turn them digital for a couple dollars.

4NGU$

VIP Member
yes but do be carefull what DPI (dots per inch) they scan them at because i had a
6 by 7 inch negative scanned at 9600dpi and i cant upload it to the internet no matter how i change the file on PS

massahwahl

VIP Member
Oh lol....im such a noob
i was thinking 8mm video. (or whatever that stuff before MiniDV was called)
Sorry bout this. Hope i didnt confuse you too much.
So mixed up, my bad.

Oh, lol, going back and re-reading, you even told me. I feel so dumb.

Um...yeah, what angus said, take your negatives into a shop and they can probably turn them digital for a couple dollars.

lol, I was a little confused by your answer.

g4m3rof1337

They can put my photos on a CD, opposed to photos.

I am going to get the set I took last night on the roof developed today, and upload them.

Thanks.

g4m3rof1337

I couldn't find anything, I'll have to look around a bit more.

Its really no problem, it just makes the picture in the view finder round. It still auto changes when the zoom feature is used.

Thanks.