3D driving simulator

chibicitiberiu

Can anyone recommend me a 3d driving simulator with nice graphics and of course with traffic rules that need to be obeyed. Also i want to learn something from it, not just drive like a crazy driver how you do in NFS series, FlatOut or other racing games.

There was one called "3D Fahrschule" which was really nice, but it had problems... really hard to find and it was making my pc crash.

Don't tell me about Euro Truck Simulator or 18WoS because i hate this kind of game(s).

chibicitiberiu

Best ones

-Live for Speed
-GTR2
-Rfactor
-Test Drive Unlimited
-NFS: Pro Street
-GRID

I don't mean racing if that is what you understood. I meant driving simulators, driving on streets like real life, and you have to follow traffic rules, like traffic lights, speed limit etc.

Hyde01

Best ones

-Live for Speed
-GTR2
-Rfactor
-Test Drive Unlimited
-NFS: Pro Street
-GRID

Sorry, g25racer, gonna bang on ya a little bit. Dont get mad :p

But no where in that list did you mention gran turismo or forza motorsport. They're one of the most realistic games in terms of graphics and physics. Live for Speed, GTR2, and Rfactor are all great simulators, in terms of racing and physics, not too much in graphics. Still pretty good though. TDU is good for its vast free roam map and nice graphics. Physics are not realistic though. Ok, g25racer, come on now. You should know better. Need For Speed??!! Fun to play? Yes....kind of =/ Realistic? Hell to the mother f#&(ing NO! :D

The closest you are probably going to get to a driving simulator where you can, "can" being the key word, obey traffic lights and so on, is Test Drive Unlimited. Simply because of its in-car view, giant map, different cities, freeways, ect. A lot of fun to drive around in.

epidemik

Yeah, im not sure if theres an actual game where you get in trouble for breaking traffic laws...

chibicitiberiu

Yeah, im not sure if theres an actual game where you get in trouble for breaking traffic laws...
..and that is something that brings realism to the game

There is one... Mafia :D i played that one, but the steering is really bad.
And another one: 3D Fahrschule (3D Driving School in translation) where you get points for making mistakes... get more than 6 or 7 points and you failed the 'test'. Also the steering is really good. The graphics... is poor.

I tried Test Drive Unlimited, and i don't like it. When you steer the car it's not like in nfs, the camera movement... Also i have problems with the fps... it's really low, even at min settings... (didn't check with fraps, but i don't think it's higher than 15 fps). Of course, my vid card is bad (ati radeon 9550 256 mb with pixel shader 2)

Last edited:

red onion

American Long Haul is a truck driving game that will do what you want. You drive a truck (Duh!) from city to city or just around town. There is other traffic on the road, Police WILL enforce driving laws, and is a very good driving simulator. Graphics are npt bad, and physics are truck-like, but the driving experience is pretty good!

chibicitiberiu

American Long Haul is a truck driving game that will do what you want. You drive a truck (Duh!) from city to city or just around town. There is other traffic on the road, Police WILL enforce driving laws, and is a very good driving simulator. Graphics are npt bad, and physics are truck-like, but the driving experience is pretty good!

It's 18WoS. I already said that i don't like it, i want to drive small cars.

chibicitiberiu

I installed the demo, but for some reason it will crash when i try to start playing it. I have no idea why. I tried multiple graphic settings, but still didn't work.