3ds max and after effects build recommendation

AntAmo

The time has come, I am finally going to get my video editing pc from PCCASEGEAR. Most likely going to order it on Thursday.Do you think 16gb ram is overkill? I will be using Photoshop, after effects, Vegas and 3ds max, I will list my specs, and tell me what you think. Thanks in advance :D

Antec True Power TP-750 750W
Intel Core i7 2600K
ASUS PCE-N13 802.11 Wireless N PCI-Express Adapter
Premium Anti-Static Wrist Strap Yellow/Black
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 Ti Overclocked 1GB
Lite-On iHBS212 12x Blu-Ray Disc Writer with LightScribe
LG E2441V-BN 24inch LED Widescreen Monitor
Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler
G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL (4x4GB) DDR3
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB WD1002FAEX
CoolerMaster HAF 932 Advanced
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB WD10EALX
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 Motherboard

Last edited:

jonnyp11

16gb seems like overkill to me but idk about those apps so can't say for sure, not sure if the i7 will be a good enough advantage over the i5 2500k in these apps, and unless you are overclocking then there is no need for that aftermarket cooler, and if you got 2 caviar blues and put them in raid 0 then you'd probably get faster loads than a black and a blue, and you only need 750watts if you are going to sli in the future, otherwise 500-600ish is plenty

mihir

VIP Member
1.750W PSU is overkill
2.The GTX 560Ti is also overkill but will be futureproof,but if you want to save some money you can skimp on the GPU.
3.Do you really need an Anti-Static Wrist Strap?
4.Make sure you get a Sata 6GBps HDD.

AntAmo

I have researched and the programs I will be using eat up the ram:D I will be overclocking soon but thanks anyway.

jonnyp11

believe me, when people online say something eats ram, they generally forget that their looking at the os and the programs running, and are probably on closer to 4 or 6, 8 or 12 is more than enough ram unless you're running like 3 of these programs at once.

claptonman

8 Would be enough. You don't need that powerful of a card unless you're gaming with this rig, also.

1.750W PSU is overkill
2.The GTX 560Ti is also overkill but will be futureproof,but if you want to save some money you can skimp on the GPU.
3.Do you really need an Anti-Static Wrist Strap?
4.Make sure you get a Sata 6GBps HDD.

They're about $7, and its a good idea when building. And the i7 will benefit over the i5 in this case. If you have the money, go for it.