3ds Max!

Kesava

hahah thanks. i would upload the ten pin bowling one but i need to slow the movie down. any ideas as to a windows movie maker alternative?

Kornowski

VIP Member
I can't watch your Bowling video?

Oh right, cool, Yeah!
I'm just trying to work out Yafray, installed it but can't find it :p

Also, How do you save a video, you know with the frames along the bottom?

Kesava

lol its too early for me to understand what you just said hahaha. add me on msn and ill get you set up with the proper vray and stuff. i cant explain everything here. too slow lol

Kesava

oh and the bowling video hasnt worked yet. ill explain later when it isnt so early. but i have made a video of blocks falling over. hahah sounds exciting i know. ill put it up a bit later

alexandergre

Ah right, Thanks! :)
Is it easy to use?

It is not very easy! I thnk it is difficult. I started 3d max 1 month ago. I have very difficulties with modelling!

it takes several years to become good at it!
BTW if you want to learn 3d why 3ds max?
maya is better for animation and movie productions, Visual effects.
3ds max is good for architecture, game.

I choose max because my PC cant run maya smoothly! :p

Kesava

BTW if you want to learn 3d why 3ds max?
maya is better for animation and movie productions, Visual effects.
3ds max is good for architecture, game.
:p

i use 3ds max because ive done and am doing cadd at school and it has all been with 3ds max.

so then i can bring work home and stuff.

anyway. i cant get anything uploaded at the moment cos my cpu needs new TP. i cant get it to start up lol.

*edit* my computer needs a new power supply so it wont be running for a bit.. :( no 3ds max for me

Last edited:

Kornowski

VIP Member
2003436688417434572_rs.jpg

Something I'm working on, I'm adding animation to it :D

Irishwhistle

hahah thanks. i would upload the ten pin bowling one but i need to slow the movie down. any ideas as to a windows movie maker alternative?

The only one I know of is for Linux. :p You could set up a VirtualPC with Linux and either Kdenlive or Cinelerra (or both.) That's the only free way I know of. I just recently did it on my comp. If you want to send me an IM and I'll be happy to help.

Kesava

2003436688417434572_rs.jpg

Something I'm working on, I'm adding animation to it :D

hahah at first i thought these were christmas decorations.

The only one I know of is for Linux. :p You could set up a VirtualPC with Linux and either Kdenlive or Cinelerra (or both.) That's the only free way I know of. I just recently did it on my comp. If you want to send me an IM and I'll be happy to help.

nah i got vegas movie studio.

thanks tho.

my problem is that when using "reaction", i can only get it to render in 100 frames and it gives me all kinds of trouble.

for those of you who dont know what reaction is its where you play with stuff like gravity in animation.

like you give them pin bowling pins a weight of 5 and the ball a weight of 20 and when the ball knocks them over they will fall as they might do i real life, you dont have to animate them falling over frame by frame hahhaa

Kornowski

VIP Member
Well, here's something I'm working on in college, really need to be able to UV Map it, so if anybody knows how, hit me up a PM ;)

2005530727212026507_rs.jpg

2005591195762265007_rs.jpg

All made from scratch, by me, When it's done, I'll make a step by step thing ;)

tlarkin

VIP Member
You've seen to gotten farther than I ever did in 3D, but I knew it wasn't for me. That tank is neat, I would like to see it animated. Can you do feathers/hair yet? that was the huge big thing when I was in college.

Kornowski

VIP Member
Thanks Man :)

Yeah, I can do some hair, It's pretty cool!

I'll try and animate the tank too at some point, I need to texture it first, but I can't figure out how to UV map :(

Do you have any of the stuff you made? :)