3ds Max!

tlarkin

VIP Member
Well I was in college back in 99-01 and no, my stuff is most likely all gone. Back then we stored everything on a Jazz drive. I did some simple landscapes, a few lightsabers, a gun, a car, and tried making a person, then I decided art wasn't for me anymore and just decided to work IT instead.

I didn't do anything more complex than you. However, I am sure that 8 years ago the software I was using sucked compared to what you are using now hehe.

Kornowski

VIP Member
Ah right, lol, probably isn't around then is it...

Lightsaber, there's something I haven't tried :p Good idea!

Yeah, it probably did, I really wish that 3DS Max had a button that said; "make photo realistic now" ;)

tlarkin

VIP Member
my coolest thing I did was make 3D original B&W game boy. Custom made all the textures too and mapped them to the model. The gameboy was simply designed so it wasn't hard but it was the first thing I ever did completely all by myself not using any built in textures.

I think I was using 3DsMax version 3 at the time.

Kornowski

VIP Member
That sounds cool! I'd have loved to see it!

The tank I've posted is made all from scratch, but I really need to texture it well to make it look any good... :cool:

I'm using 3DS Max 9 at the moment :)

Kornowski

VIP Member
2003476028888892216_rs.jpg

2003407949830401413_rs.jpg

2003459939127291519_rs.jpg

2003471713286738678_rs.jpg

2003420413826554538_rs.jpg

2003447300030811143_rs.jpg

What do you think? Still not done though :p

Ben

VIP Member
lol, you should put your name on the flag! :D

Really good job though Danny, I wouldn't even know where to start with that :p

GSAV55

Wow, that stuff is amazing. I just finished my first semester of a computer graphics class in high school. We haven't gotten around to 3d yet, but I've messed around on my own with sketch up. The best thing I've made is a 2d fishbowl in illustrator, haha. I just don't have an artistic enough mind to come up with stuff to make. I modeled most of my case in sketchup though, but none of the textures will work for some reason.

Kornowski

VIP Member
It looks awesome, Danny. Very nice. ;) :D

Thanks Mike! :D

lol, you should put your name on the flag! :D

Really good job though Danny, I wouldn't even know where to start with that :p

I think I'm going to texture it in Photoshop, it'd be easier and look better ;)

Wow, that stuff is amazing. I just finished my first semester of a computer graphics class in high school. We haven't gotten around to 3d yet, but I've messed around on my own with sketch up. The best thing I've made is a 2d fishbowl in illustrator, haha. I just don't have an artistic enough mind to come up with stuff to make. I modeled most of my case in sketchup though, but none of the textures will work for some reason.

Cool man! Can I see some of your work? :)

GSAV55

Cool man! Can I see some of your work? :)

Yeah, I have to get it off the school computer first, and I don't have school till Tuesday. Its not really anything special, but I'll post it when I get it. Its just crazy to see what all you guys can do in these programs. That tank is sick as hell though. Good job on that. I can't wait to see it when you're done.

Kornowski

VIP Member
Yeah, I have to get it off the school computer first, and I don't have school till Tuesday. Its not really anything special, but I'll post it when I get it. Its just crazy to see what all you guys can do in these programs. That tank is sick as hell though. Good job on that. I can't wait to see it when you're done.

Ok sure, look forward to seeing it! :D

Thanks man! I can't wait to get it finished! :p

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
danny i dont know how the heck you do those they are fantastic,I wouldnt know where to start lol.

very good though mate :)