3x 24" monitors ---> 3x 28" monitors ( guidance please )

frldyz

Hi guys.
Looking for some guidance, advice, thoughts and opinions ( again...
whistling.gif
)

Me: Newb. computer enthusiast ( but with very little spare time to learn ).
Gamer: No. Coder: No. I.T: No. Watch movies: No. ..pretty boring
trash.gif

Internet junkie: Yes!

Currently I have 3 x 24" Acer 144hz gaming monitors.
Why did I buy 144hz monitors if I don't game or do movies? They had a killer deal on newegg 2 years ago and I couldn't resist.
Why 3 monitors? Because my PC and GPU has no problems running 3 monitors. And it's handy as $%^$#^. Not to mention cool.

I'm seriously thinking of ditching these monitors... They are good monitors but there is 1 thing that drives me nuts. It has a terrible delay when trying to wake up from sleep or turning on in the am. I can turn on all 3 monitors. Boot my PC, sign in and be on the desktop screen waiting before the display comes on and I don't need 144hz refresh rate.

I have plenty of room on my desk to go bigger. I'd like to do 3x28" monitors. 3 x 28" monitors might seem huge to some of you. But after using 3 x 24" monitors for a couple of years 24" is no big deal.

I've debated going the 2k or 4k route. But again I don't game & I don't watch movies. I'd pull the trigger on 2k or 4k but the reduced size of images and font would drive me nuts. Tiny font on a 28" monitor would make me go insane. I'm sure there might be software out there or programs to adjust this. But I'm not sure. So that is why a standard 1080 display is the way I'm leaning towards.

I'd like to hear some of your opinions and experiences with doing 3 monitors this big.

This is what I have: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-642-_-Product

This is what I'm looking @: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...0JC-002S-000E0

BTW: What would you guys suggest selling the 3x Acer 24 144hz monitors that I have @? $500?, $450? $400? I'm pretty anal. All boxes, styrafoam, papers, booklets, CD's etc... still tucked away in a closet. As a matter of fact I still have the protective plastic films on the bezels of the monitors.

Thank you everyone.

I7 4790k
16gb Ballistix ram
Noctua NHD14 cooler
MSI 970 GTX GPU