4 GHz CPU

fade2green514

nobody has reached 7ghz... yet.
also, ghz effects speed, but athlon 64 performs better than p4 even at lower clocks so what does it matter?
anyways, p4 WILL reach 4ghz very soon, their new 65nm is coming out very soon and it will put out much less heat than the p4 90nm that DONT use SOI technology, which also lowers temp. non-SOI also attributed to heat problems that occurred when they were finding a clock for their pentium D series processor

tweaker

VIP Member
+7Ghz has been reached for quite some time now, by American as well as Japanes crews. Whether it matters or not is for each and everyone to decide, these people are chasing high numbers rather than stable performance, they obviously have alot of money to throw at their hobbie.

Btw you have been told before, make use of the Edit button instead of making one post per minute.

Last edited:

shupola

fade2green514 said:
pentium M rules. they need to make it 64 bit and dual core, and overclock it a bit though.

so......basically.........just use a different processor and call it a pentium m??????:p

ghost

I believe when IBM was putting the CELL processor though some stability tests they hit 7.2 ghz !, Can`t remember where i see it, but if i find it i`ll post a link :)

Motoxrdude

:eek: Woo!:eek: , The guys that did that need to be working at nasa! I mean my processor runs at 1.6ghz, but 7? Damn! You could run like 3 games at once if you had 3 monitors and like 3 PCI-E slots.

fade2green514

what edit button?
jk
dude it wont happen again, i didnt know i wasnt sposta post more than one reply...
check it out this is the second time i used the edit button :)
3rd on this reply alone hey im following the rules. haha